Friday, August 1, 2008

About This Blog

Hi there! I'm so glad you stopped by! I’m Kerry, a stay-at-home, home-educating mom to 4 kids ages 7 months, 6, 8 and 12 in the suburbs of Charlotte, NC.

About a year ago, our family began eating “seasonally” as a stepping stone to eating locally, more sustainably, and supporting our local farmers. I've found that cooking with my local seasons keeps my menus from getting "stale" and makes it much easier to cook with really fresh ingredients.

Now, I don’t think we’ll ever be able to pull off the “One Local Year” challenge, but I figure any little bit I can do is worth it. And honestly, I’m too lazy to be overzealous about it. But, I’m going to do what I can and, shoot, let’s do it together!

So, are you a seasonal eater, locavore, home gardener, or organic eater? Or are you interested in learning more about that together? What made you stop by the blog and what types of things would you like to see here? Let’s get the conversation started!

No comments: