How was your Farmer's Market this week? Get a great deal? Find a wonderful new vegetable? What delicious dish will you be making with your find? Got a funny story to tell? What did you bring home?
Today I was late getting to the Farmer's Market, again! Talking with one of my favorite farmers, I heard that the market was slow today despite perfect weather (sunny and 70 at 8:30am). We all agreed that it was probably due to late-risers after the Olympics. (I stayed up late watching the Olympics, how about you?) Did you notice it was a bit slower than usual at your market?
Well, it worked out well for me! Usually the eggs are totally gone by 7:45, but this morning, I was able to bring home 2 dozen eventhough I didn't get there until 8:30. I also found my favorite homemade pita (doesn't even compare with store-bought), slicing tomatoes, eggplant, and some basil. My fridge is quite full, so I didn't need much, but I couldn't pass up these summertime "staples".
Today, I'm going to make to following: - a basil, cucumber and tomato salad - eggplant dip (much like baba ganoush) - a yummy tomato sandwich!
Check back for the recipes later today.
I can't wait to see what you've got going on at your Farmer's Market!
Blog about your experience at the farmer's market this week, then come back there and add your post URL to the Mr. Linky below. Be sure to link directly to your post, not your main page.A few guidelines, if you please:
1) Mention the Farmer's Market Report in your post.
2) Link back to this edition of the Farmer's Market Report from your post.
3) Link directly to your Farmer's Market post, not your main page.
4) If you wish, you can give a couple words in the "name" field to help describe your post or give your general location. (ex. Kerry - Charlotte, NC or Kerry - heirloom tomatoes)
5) Feel free to use the graphic above, but please only use in it conjunction with this event.
6) I reserve the right to delete any links that are inappropriate or entirely off the subject.