Sunday, September 28, 2008

Sweet Potato Fries

These are so easy and SO GOOD. Everyone loves them and one batch is just not enough!

Updated to add: the recipe I originally posted was not the one I was thinking of when I raved about these. I'm not sure what I've done with that recipe, but it made "fries" instead of "chips". When I made the "chips" version, I was not very pleased with them - they never got crunchy - at all. So, I've found a "fries" version that should work better. These should have a nice chewy-crunch on the outside and a warm moist inside.

4 medium sweet potatoes
-- cut lenghtwise into 1/2 in slices (like "steak fries")
1/4 cup olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Place sweet potatoes slices in a large bowl; add oil and toss to coat, add salt and pepper, toss some more. Put slices on a greased cookie sheet. Bake for 15 minutes, turn over and bake another 15 minutes.

You might also try tossing them with parsley, thyme, basil or oregano!


Did you enjoy this post? Subscribe via email or RSS.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU! I have loads of sweet potatoes that must be used and I had no idea what to do with them (other than lots of soup and roast sweet potatoes, which I was starting to get sick of). Wonderful suggestion!

abb said...

I don't think this is on weight watchers core plan (sigh), but it sure sounds delicious!