Saturday, September 6, 2008

Farmer's Market Report - Sept 6th


Well, no rain this morning, but the ground at the Farmer's Market was a little squishy. Crowd was definitely down, but still tons of gorgeous produce. I picked up:


  • My whole, organic chicken from the "Chicken Club" (like a CSA).

  • Butternut squash - for a butternut-apple bake, I think.

  • Muscadine grapes - a southern grape and my favorite!

  • Tomatoes - some lovely green stripey ones, should make delicious sandwiches.

  • Wax beans - I've never had these before, so I thought we'd give them a try.

  • Some wonderful goat cheese to enjoy with my figs again and maybe in a quiche.


Come by on Monday for "Menu Plan Monday". I'll post my menu plan for the week to use this yummy haul!

Can't wait to see what you all found today!

Use the Mr Linky below, but please read the guidelines first. Be sure to link back to this page, mention the Farmer's Market Report in your post, and link to your post page (not your homepage).



Don't miss next week's Farmer's Market Report - subscribe via email or RSS.

1 comment:

Spinneretta said...

My market was rained out :( I'll have to get my veggies elsewhere and paint them **Sniff**